If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to complete a travel risk assessment (see below). The practice nurse will determine your appointment needs with this information and we will then contact you to make an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. This will include which countries and areas within countries that you are visiting to determine what vaccinations are required.
It is important that this initial appointment is as early as possible - at least 8 weeks before you travel - as a second appointment will be required with the practice nurse to actually receive the vaccinations. These vaccines have to be ordered as they are not a stock vaccine. Your second appointment needs to be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS.
There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below.
Travelling in Europe
If you are travelling to Europe the following website has helpful information. To visit please click:- http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.aspx
IMPORTANT: Information for patients requiring Yellow Fever vaccination who are not permanently registered at Much Birch Surgery:
- First print off the Travel Risk Assessment, complete it and bring to Much Birch Surgery together with your payment of £12.00 non-refundable admin fee payable by cash or card at the surgery.
- The nurse will check the forms and you will be contacted by reception to arrange an appointment.
- A vaccination cost of £60.00 is payable on the day of vaccination at the surgery by cash or card.
- If you are unable to attend your booked appointment, please let us know so that the nurses' time and your money are not wasted.
- A yellow fever certificate will be issued following the vaccination. Any queries should be addressed to email@example.com
Click on the pdf links below to access the forms:
Travel advice leaflet
Travel Risk Assessment form
Please return this form to the surgery in person or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible before travel. We will then contact you to make your appointment.
Yellow Fever Travel Information
For Yellow Fever travel information for patients aged over 60 please click the following link: